Middletown Rotary Club
December 4 , 2018
The President of Middletown Rotary Club brought the meeting to order at 12:15 pm with the pledge, a song and reflections by Eric.
- Heidi Griffen (Student of the month guests)
- Jenn Keeney
- Rose Vaughn
- Kyle Leupold (recipient)
- Sharon Graves, guest of Eric
- Dolores Sapia, guest of Joe Marino – met at Holiday on Main
Visiting Rotarians: Larry Gardner, district Governor
- Grant Check for $250.00 towards the Turkey Drive awarded by Joan and Rich Tomc
- Grant Check for $250.00 for Rotary to support the monument project by Joan and Rich Tomc and Middlesex Community Foundation
- $150.00 awarded to Rotary as a congratulations to Rotary for being good people who do good things from Cynthia Clegg. (unrestricted)
- Eric Rodko announced that the new Rotary Signs are done and have been used for Holiday on Main. Thanked Dan Litwin for all his work.
- Board meeting at Howard Reid’s this week.
- Next after Hours will be on Feb. 20th at the Inn at Middletown to benefit the Monument Fund.
- Joe Marino announced that Holiday on Main went very well. The Mercy students were a big help.
- Eric confirmed that we need only one community person to join the scholarship committee. He asked the members to think of someone they might know that is NOT a Rotarian.
- Kevin Wilhelm reported the December Soup Kitchen sign-up is full.
- High: straight- Carmela G. - donated $7.00 to monument fund
- Low: –Garry M. – donated $7.00 to monument fund
Raffle / King of Clubs:
- Eric pulled first card, no King of Clubs!
- Jenn Keeney (guest) pulled second card, no winner.
Today’s Program was conducted by:
Name: Steve Lovelace
Title: Rotary Club Video Presentation
Organization: Middletown Rotary Club
Garyy Molaney introduced Rosanne Vaughn (Ken’s wife) to introduce our student of the month, Kyle Leupold. He is a senior from Vynal Tech. Very successful young man who impressed everyone there today. The club was happy to present him with a $50 gift card to staples.
Meeting adjourned at 1:30 PM with the Four Way Test.
Respectfully Submitted by: