Middletown Rotary Club
December 3, 2013
President Garry Mullaney opened the meeting and asked Art Meyer for the meeting’s reflection.
President Mullaney read several beautiful “ Thank you cards from Several of the Kindergarteners that received dictionaries. With the reminder message from them are for Rotary to “Never Give Up!” and
“Rotary, YOU ROCK!”
Sue Murphy: Thanks to everyone for the wonderful job that was achieved for this year turkey drive
Middletown Rotary: Total raised $15,303.00 with a matching funds from Liberty Bank of $ 2946.00.
Dan Littman: Congratulated Middletown Rotary on event success and The detail involvement of Liberty bank that included not just matching funds.
Patti Vassia : reported with the efforts of Middletown Rotary, Amazing Grace, Fellowship Church,
Goal was 700 families, over 800 Families were served.
Trish Witzky-Lambert: Announced that Residents at Heritage Commons donated $250.00 this was then donated back to literacy Fund.
Garry - Jeff Haines- reported back after his delivery for turkey drive his daughter a beautiful thank you card of appreciation.
Howard Schachler: Gave an update on the Annual Holiday Wine Tasting and Auction Event – December 12. We have each been given 5 tickets to sell. If you have not yet received your tickets, please contact Howard.
Team Garry: Total to date - $5,800.00
Team Trish – Total to date $6,600.00
Team Wolfpack – Total to Date $3,950.00
A Team – Total to date - $6,231.00
Vines for Rotary – Total to date $7,140.00
Grand total to date: $29,721.00
Howard reminded the group that we have 1 more weeks to go to collect prizes. We also need soft number for Crowne Plaza. Please let Howard your Trish know how many tickets are sold or if you need more.
Garry Mullaney: Holiday Wine Tasting and Auction Event is December 12, 6:00-9:00p.m. at the Crowne Plaza; please sell tickets.
Paul Hughes – Reminder of Rotary at Mondays meeting. We will sit at the Rotary table. Please wear Rotary name tags and the Chamber name tag. We will also sell tickets at this event for the Auction.
Joe Marino – Holiday on Main is December 7. Rotary is working the Popcorn Machine. Volunteers are Art, Patty Tally, Carlton, Cheryl. Anyone else interested, please call Joe or just show up (9:30-9:45).
Garry – Welcomed our guests: Steve Glick (guest of Joe Marino). Gregory Allen ( Guest of Floresia Allen), Janice Guido, Mick McPherson.
Card Game: Highest hand – Trish Witzky-Lambert, lowest hand - Eamonn Wisnecki. donated winnings .
King of Clubs:
Angela Sidorski Student of the month at Vinal Tech- selected tickets from basket:
1st draw - Mr. Sidorski ( her Dad)
2nd draw- Jim Misenti picked King of clubs won pot of $48.00 Yeah!!!
- Eamonn Wysneski – Warm the children and Turkey drive
- Steve Glicker – for appreciation
- Mick McPherson- winningBook, speaker for today and Turkey Drive.
- Patti Ann Vassia – Thank you to all for success in Turkey drive and guest
- Kevin Wilhelm – success Turkey drive
- Cheryl Duey – Reach out to read, for Dictionaries, warm the children.
- Bruce Driska – for all the good work that has be done through Middletown rotary
- Jeff Haines – warm the children
- Kim Fasone- Guest
- Carleton Winslow – 12 yr anniversary ,for employer donation for Habitat for humanity
- Trish Witzky-Lambert – Reiterate for the wonderful job done on Turkey drive and Residents donation
- Lisa Santangelo – “ Ditto” to Trish
- Lois- for the performance of Matthew Grilles and article in paper.
- Floresia Allen- for Guest Greg Allen, Speaker, Angela Sordorski Student of the month, successful Turkey drive.
- Greg Allen – Happy to be a guest
- Mario Mazzarotta - Standard Knapp support
- Joe Marino – Student of the moth, Guest, Holiday on main
- Dan Littman – student of the month
Student of the month:
Angela Sidorski-From : Vinal Tech Angela’s has a GPA 395.27. Angela ranks 10 out of class of 137 Many remarks about Angela from her teachers are that she is a Dynamic & focused student, effective leader, Volunteers all the time, and participates in Blood drive. Angela: is in the CADD Program and has goals to become a Mechanical Engineer and of course let us not forget her sports activity of starting Third “Basewomen”.
Speaker Steve Glick was introduced. Steve is a former 25 yr member of Rotary and member of Middlesex Chamber of commerce . Our speaker spoke about why the State of CT. is different than other states and the different need of our state in comparison to others. Steve Shared the history of healthcare, many historical events that took place at the same time of health care changes . CT. has the highest cost in Medicaid and many have no coverage. 344,000 are without medical coverage. Education is needed for the American public as it stands now. President Mullaney thanked our Guest and our speaker for a informative presentation.
Meeting ended at 1:35p.m. with the 4-Way Test lead by President Garry Mullaney.
My apologies if I have missed any information.
Respectfully submitted by,