Officers & Directors
Five Avenues of Service
You Tube Channel
Local Grants Program
Tools of the Trade
Family Literacy Project
Becoming A Member
Middletown Rotary Club
February 13, 2018
Co-President Kevin rang the bell at12:15, followed by the Pledge, singing of America, and a Reflection by Lisa: Yesterday was Abraham Lincoln's birthday so I would like to share some of his wisdom. "Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?"
Sgt. at Arms Report:
- Guests: Dean McMorran, Jr., guest of Dan
- Patrick Harding, guest of Kevin
- Lovely thank you letters from Student of the Month and 3rd graders for our club’s Dictionary Project (dictionaries to 3rd graders in Middletown schools.
- Weather last Wednesday caused Board meeting to be held after Club Assembly today.
- Celeste reminded members of May 24 Paul Harris dinner.
- High – Kevin contributed earnings to Housing Coalition;
- Low – Rich contributed for Soup Kitchen.
King of Clubs Raffle (to Eradicate Polio):
- Jim Seagrave and Dean drew for the card but were not successful.
- Kevin – for the way Rotarians step up in voluntarism
- Helene – for the beautiful weather
- Patti – wonderful St. Vincent de Paul event, great Community Conversation with MPS Supt. Conner at Community Health Center
- Patrick – for my table mates today
- Adrienne – organizing basement at home
- Eric – for Kandyce and others bringing in Rotarian magazine when they have finished reading it (he is working on ideas to use them for club promotional activities)
- Kandyce – community voluntarism
- Steve – members working on Dictionary Project
- Jim – missed meetings
- Lois – members stepping up when needed
- Nancy Bruno – daughter recovering nicely from injury
- Dan – for cultural weekend (play, concert, film)
- Dean – for health and wellness of all in the room
Program: Kevin invited members who have been in the club for at least a year to serve on the Board.
The meeting concluded at 12:50 with the Four-Way Test.