Officers & Directors
Five Avenues of Service
You Tube Channel
Local Grants Program
Tools of the Trade
Family Literacy Project
Becoming A Member
Middletown Rotary Club
September 19, 2017
President Cheryl Duey brought the meeting to order at 12:15 pm with song, pledge and prayer by Sue Murphy .
Speakers: CT Veterans Affairs Commissioner Sean Connolly and Veteran Affairs Director Tammy Marzik
Visiting Rotarians: None
- President Cheryl: Letter announcing events were passed around.
- Note received from last weeks visiting Rotarian from Nepal.
- We received our membership certificate from the Middlesex Chamber of Commerce.
- Hurricane relief collection postponed one week.
- Doing a collection today for our server, Chasity. It’s her last day.
- Carmella: Octoberfest flyers on each table. Checks for ticket sales should be given to her. If you haven’t gotten your tickets to sell, please see her.
Gift of Life:
Tammy Marzik and Cliff Straub. No winner this week.
High: Pat Tucker
Low: Cliff Straub
Both winners gave their winning to Chasity’s collection. .
- Cheryl: Home lost & found event, Guest Speakers, Chasity’s service, Patti Vassia’ s PR work for this year’s President’s Project.
- Sue Murphy: Guest Speakers,20th Anniversary of Liberty bank Grant Project .
- Helene Vartelas: Guest Speakers, Heritage Commons.
- Dan Litwin: Celebrating daughter’s birthday in Boston.
- Sandra Blevins: Charity Gala at Wadsworth Mansion.
- Justin Wilkie: His friend’s volunteering support, Middlesex United Way Campaign Kick-off at R.J. Julia on 9/28.
- Patti Vassia: One McDonough Place Open House, back at YMCA doing water aerobics, Thankful for many lessons learned in early career at YMCA.
- Chris Soulias: Commissioner Connolly, upcoming Durham Fair.
- Carmella Gagnon: National Adult Day Care Week, conversation with Trish Witsky.
- Art Meyers: Good feelings at Rotary.
- Kandyce Aust: Justin’s volunteering friend, Firefighters Union 1073.
- Tammy Marzik: Her boss and our guest speaker Commissioner Connolly.
CT Veterans Affairs Commissioner Sean Connolly presented a talk with slides about the CT Veterans Home in Rocky Hill. The CT Veterans Home was established in 1864. He reviewed the history and progress of the CT veteran’s Affairs Commission, as well as their mission, vision and values. An overview of recent and upcoming events was provided.
The meeting was concluded at 1:27 PM with the Four-Way Test.
Clifford O. Straub