Officers & Directors
Five Avenues of Service
You Tube Channel
Local Grants Program
Tools of the Trade
Family Literacy Project
Becoming A Member
Middletown Rotary Club
July 18, 2017
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER
Co-president Cheryl Duey rang the bell and called the meeting to order at 12:15 PM. Song, pledge and reflection by Kevin began the meeting.
- Corey Martell OF MxCC guest of Steve Minkler
- Kevin Harris guest of Justin Wilkie
- Laura Falt former member,welcome anytime!
- Note from MARC for $300 contribution from Club
- Melissa Zorn has a new job in Fairfield County and will no longer be a member of our Club.
- Committee Chairs are encouraged to convene a meeting of their committee asap..
- The fee for lunches will be raised to $16 to cover their actual cost.
- Presidents’ Projects were announced as new member planning by Kevin and immigration project with IRIS by Cheryl.
- Informative Rotary Article posted on website and link sent to all members. Members encouraged to read.
- October Fest will be held October 19th. The committee to meet after this meeting.
- Amber Alert needs volunteers on August 26th from 10-2 at Cabela’s for Boy Scout Touch a Truck event.
- High: Kandyce proceeds to St. Vincent’s Soup Kitchen
- Low: Lois to Coalition on Housing and Homelessness
KING OF CLUBS Raffle
Chris Soulias and Steve Minkler drew but did not succeed in drawing the king of clubs.
- Cheryl Duey. Board meeting and members
- Laura happy to be back at Rotary. Water’s Edge is going to become a Corporate member.
- Jim M. missed meetings and new administration and Joe’s leadership.
- Lois. Song well sung, Laura’s return, good to be back on board.
- Kevin. Guests, Laura, Corey and Kevin H.
- Tammy. Sunshine!
- Mario. Missed meetings, new administration, turning 50 this week and son turning 25
- Joe. Newly elected as President of the Middlesex County Bar Association.
- Carmela. Welcome back Mario
- Lori. Guests and presidents
- Justin. Lois
- Kandyce. Dad’s 84th birthday celebrated doing ziplining with family. United Way’s support of MARC programs.
- Patti. Laura, Voices of Muslim Identity program at Wesleyan.
- Celeste. Family vacation at the Cape
- Pat T. Cell phone off signs provided by Cheryl
- Helene. Family reunion and gathering with immigrants from Greece
- Steve M. Corey, Hamlet at College Wed-Sun this week. Cheryl and Kevin’s leadership
Club Assembly. Pat T. read board minutes which are posted on the website.
Joe announced that Jim S. has agreed to join him and Jim M on the scholarship committee.
Fred has agreed to join board to take Melissa’s seat.
MEETING CONCLUDED at 1:09 with The Four Way Test.
July 25 IRIS with Chris George speaking
Patti Anne Vassia